Robert Triggs / Android Authority
🍐 Good morning, and welcome to this sunny Tuesday’s Daily Authority! On Sunday I discovered pears go really well with blue cheese. Who knew? (probably everyone but me, to be fair).
Ready for ROG Phone 6?
We got a look at the ROG Phone 6 as renders broke cover — and although it looks similar to previous ROG phones in terms of design aesthetic, the cooling accessory is bigger than ever before.
Looking good (but big)
The latest ROG phone — which many would agree is the best gaming phone on the planet — is looking pretty good.
- We got a sneak peek courtesy of Evan Blass and 91 Mobiles.
- Fans of the ROG phone design will feel right at home, as the design isn’t changing too much this time around.
- Though the rear display panel has moved, which is a nice touch.
- The leaked renders only show the phone in white, but we’ll likely see a black variant too, if past versions are anything to go by.
What we know so far
In terms of the ROG Phone 6’s specs, here’s what we’re expecting:
- We should see a 6.78-inch AMOLED display, the same as the ROG Phone 5, but this time around there’s a 165Hz refresh rate (the ROG Phone 5 was 144Hz).
- Under the hood should be a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip, promising power efficiency improvements from 15 to 30% over Qualcomm’s current flagship chip, plus 10% clock speed improvements.
- The chip still runs hot — more on that in a minute.
- We’re expecting up to 18GB RAM and up to 512GB storage, plus a beefy 6,000mAh battery and 65W wired charging, so not much will have changed here from the ROG 5 Ultimate.
- There’s also a headphone jack.
Keep your cool
With the notably hot-running Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1, Asus has had to step up its game to ensure the ROG Phone 6 stays cool.
- The ROG Phone 5 got a little warm during extended play, becoming noticeable after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Though the previous generation’s cooler accessory was a little bulky for on-the-go use, it’s absolutely massive this time around, so not the most portable.
We’ll soon know more as there’s not long to wait until the ROG Phone 6 launches — next week on July 5 at 8 AM EST.
🧟 HTC’s metaverse phone shows without all doubt that the company is a zombie (Android Authority).
🎮 July’s PS Plus games leaked ahead of Sony’s formal announcement (though take this with a pinch of salt): Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan, and Arcadegeddon are coming (Eurogamer).
- In July 2000, Samsung still had just a 4.6% share of the market.
- By summer 2007, when Apple launched the first iPhone (June 29), it still only had a 0.3% share of the market. That had risen to 6.8% just a year later, and more than doubled again to 13.9% by June 2009.
- By December 2021, Apple’s market share was 27.3%, with Samsung taking a 27.8% share of the market pie and every other manufacturer lagging behind.
- Gone are the days when Motorola and Nokia topped the leaderboard.
- It’s not clear though whether these figures are global or just for the US.
Have a great day!
Paula Beaton, Copy Editor.
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.