This Taco Dip is the perfect party appetizer. It’s made up of a rich cream cheese base topped with the best taco fillings. Perfect served with tortilla chips!
Table of Contents
I know we’re all guilty of grabbing a store-bought dip at the store to bring as a contribution to a party, because sometimes we don’t have time to put together a whole homemade appetizer.
Well, with this Taco Dip in your back pocket, there’s always time. Seriously. This dip is made up of the simplest list of ingredients, is packed full of flavor, and comes together in a total of 10 minutes.
Make the recipe as-is or customize it with your favorite taco toppings! This delicious appetizer is sure to be a total crowd pleaser!
Make it an appetizer night with Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Pigs in a Blanket, Ham and Cheese Sliders and Buffalo Chicken Dip!
- Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, and Mayonnaise/Miracle Whip: makes up a rich and creamy base for the dip. Use lactose or dairy free if needed.
- Taco Seasoning: homemade or store-bought.
- Tomato Salsa: just use your favorite! I usually grab a jar from the store if I don’t have any Homemade Salsa in the cupboard.
- Cheese: I like to use cheddar cheese, but other cheeses will work too. Mozzarella and Monterey Jack would be great!
- Iceberg Lettuce: chopped and layered on top to add a delicious fresh crunch. You can swap this for any kind of lettuce.
- Tomato: don’t forget to squeeze out the juices before chopping it up, because no one likes a watery dip!
- Black Olives: optional, but delicious. Feel free to leave them out if you are not a fan.
- Toppings: I use sliced jalapeños, bell peppers, and green onions. This is a great place to mix things up according to your tastes!
- Tortilla Chips: for serving!
How to Make Taco Dip
- Make the base: In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and taco seasoning. Transfer the mixture to a 9-10″ dish, pie plate, or serving platter.
- Top with salsa
- Top with cheese
- Top with garnishes of choice — it’s that easy!
Taco Dip is made with a base of cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise, then it’s loaded up with your favorite taco toppings. I use diced tomato, black olives, sliced jalapeños, bell peppers, and green onions, but feel free to use any and all of your favorite taco toppings.
Taco Dip is designed to be served cold. You can, in theory, warm it up but it will be much runnier and the fresh veggies will lose some of their crunch.
Yes! You can layer this Taco Dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tips and Notes
- Soften the cream cheese first. Room temperature cream cheese blends so much more easily with the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Beat well. We want a smooth and creamy base. No lumps here!
- Customize! Seriously. Anything you would add to a taco you can add to your Taco Dip, so get creative.
- Try other toppings. Layer on guacamole, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, or even beans. Taco Dip is really forgiving, so you really can’t go wrong!
- Make it meaty. Make your Taco Dip into more of a meal by adding your favorite cooked and cooled taco meat. Check out my Instant Pot Taco Meat or season a batch of Shredded Chicken with taco seasoning to layer onto the dip.
- Spice it up. Love a kick of heat? Try adding chopped jalapeños, hot salsa, or diced green chiles.
- Lighten it up. Looking for a lightened up option? Try swapping the sour cream out for plain Greek yogurt.
This dip is perfect served at parties with tortilla chips, but you could also try it with sliced veggies, pita bread, crackers, you name it.
Make it into a meal by serving it with Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe or Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas!
More Party Dips You’ll Love
In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning with an electric mixer until smooth.
Spread cream cheese mixture into a 9-10″ dish or pie plate, or spread on a serving platter.
Spread salsa on top, then top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and olives and add other toppings as desired.
Refrigerate until ready to serve and serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 273cal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1023mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 959IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg
Keywords taco dip
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.