Originally published 2013.
The inspiration for this recipe came from Rob, one of the guys at work. His version of this recipe he had made several times and had become a favourite pork dish. I can easily see why.
He describes it as, “Really easy and incredibly delicious.” I have to agree with that summation.
I did make some additions to the original recipe to bump up the spice and add a little more heat. But most importantly, I added some dark rum to create a fantastic glaze to serve with it.
The pork tenderloin cooks quickly to moist tender perfection. It makes an ideal quick workday dinner, which Spouse declared to be the best pork dish she had ever had.
If you like this recipe, you may also like our recipe for low fat Honey Garlic Boneless Ribs:
Originally published May 3, 2012. Updated May 5 2018.
Like this Rum Spice Glazed Pork Tenderloin recipe?
You’ll find hundreds of other great ideas in our Quick & Easy Dinners Category and even more in our Chicken Recipes Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Rum Spice Glazed Pork Tenderloin – a quick cooking pork tenderloin with a delectable, fragrant, easy rum &spice glaze. Makes perfect romantic dinner for 2.
- 2 to 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Rum Glaze
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 2 to 3 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno pepper, optional if you like a little extra heat
For the Spice Rub
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat add the olive oil and 3 cloves minced garlic.
- Sauté for only a minute until the garlic softens, then add the brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt,ginger, rum, Tabasco Sauce and jalapeno pepper. Simmer slowly for about 5 minutes until the glaze thickens slightly.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the Spice Rub together and rub over the entire surface of the pork tenderloin/s.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Lightly brown the pork tenderloin/s on all sides.
- Brush some of the glaze onto the pork tenderloin before placing it in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the tenderloins being used. I use a meat thermometer to test the meat and take it out of the oven when the temperature reaches 140-150 degrees F. You can brush more glaze onto the meat half way through the cooking time.
- It is important to cover the meat with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Spoon extra glaze over the pork when serving
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 463Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 98mgSodium 950mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 35gProtein 32g
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.