The weekly Japanese charts from Famitsu have landed, and Splatoon 3 is still taking everyone to the cleaners. it’s another week where the multiplayer shooter has sold over 100k copies, which means the game has now sold 3 million copies — that doesn’t include physical sales, however. Geez.
However, NieR:Automata’s Switch port has sold a decent amount, making it the highest-charting new release. The action RPG from Square Enix and PlatinumGames, released on the PS4 back in 2017 initially, has sold 30,218 in the week of 3rd to 9th October.
Dragon Quest X has climbed up the charts a tiny bit this week with 21,908 units sold on Switch, while the only other newcomer — Hakuouki Shinkai: Tenun no Shou (part of the Hakuouki visual novel series) — debuts in 9th with 5,101 copies sold.
Here are the week’s numbers in full:
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 120,564 (3,021,047)
- [NSW] NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa Edition (Square Enix, 10/06/22) – 30,218 (New)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline (Square Enix, 09/15/22) – 21,908 (188,782)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,522 (4,865,680)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 6,857 (2,814,902)
- [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival (Bandai Namco, 09/22/22) – 6,677 (46,673)
- [PS4] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline (Square Enix, 09/15/22) – 5,483 (67,144)
- [PS5] FIFA 23 (Electronic Arts, 09/30/22) – 5,364 (27,085)
- [NSW] Hakuouki Shinkai: Tenun no Shou (Idea Factory, 10/06/22) – 5,101 (New)
- [NSW] FIFA 23 Legacy Edition (Electronic Arts, 09/30/22) – 4,788 (16,571)
Looking at hardware sales, the Switch OLED continues to calm down following Splatoon 3 mania, though it and the original Switch model are still at the top of the pile. However, these two systems are the only ones to sell more than 10,000 units this week, with the third best-selling console — the PS5 — only managing 4,896. The Xbox Series S and X have seen a pretty big dip in particular, with the S model dropping from nearly 10k last week to less than 500 units this week.
- Switch OLED Model – 36,923 (2,762,461)
- Switch – 23,252 (18,763,433)
- PlayStation 5 – 4,896 (1,704,808)
- Switch Lite – 1,925 (4,899,684)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 649 (274,017)
- Xbox Series S – 406 (200,161)
- Xbox Series X – 391 (164,127)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 85 (1,188,862)
- PlayStation 4 – 12 (7,819,908)
< Last week’s charts
We don’t see Splatoon 3 losing its crown anytime soon, but with the release of Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope and Bayonetta 3 to come in the next few weeks, how will they fare amidst the ink?
As always, share your thoughts on the weekly charts in the comments below!
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.