Players must find all the Shrines to get their hands on the Legendary Pokemon. Here’s a location guide to help you find these in Scarlet and Violet.
In Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, there are a multitude of different Legendary Pokemon for Trainers to find and catch for their own team. To get to these Legendaries, though, you will have to find their Shrine locations first.
These four Shrines can be unlocked by finding every corresponding Ominous Stake. We have mapped out each Shrine location to help you in your search for each Legendary Pokemon.
The Grasswither Shrine is where you will find the Legendary Pokemon Wo-Chien, a member of the Treasures of Ruin. This Pokemon is a Dual Dark/Grass-Type and resembles a snail. Its Shrine has a purple entrance, and in order to open it, you will need to find all corresponding Purple Ominous Stakes.
To help you find where this first Shrine is located, we have given steps below.
- First, you will want to fly to the South Province (Area Five) Pokemon Center. If you have not unlocked this yet, you can take the Los Platos (East) one instead.
- From the South Province (Area Five) location, you will want to first head north up the small incline.
- From here, you can head southwest until you pass one small lake.
- Then, head up north to get on top of the mountains. Once you reach the peak, you can start heading southwest again until you get to the end of the mountain.
- Jump off the mountain here, and the purple Grasswither Shrine should be right behind you.
- To open this, use all eight Purple Ominous Stakes to unlock the Shrine and face Wo-Shien.
Our next Shrine will be the Icerend Shrine, containing the Legendary Pokemon Chien-Pao. This Pokemon is a Dual Dark/Ice-Type and looks similar to a ferret-like creature. This Shrine will require all eight corresponding Yellow Ominous Stakes to open it up and begin your battle with Chien-Pao.
Use the instructions below to find the location.
- First, you will want to head to the West Province (Area One) – Central Pokemon Center.
- When you arrive, you can use the above location to place a pin on your map.
- You will want to head north from here until the path splits off into two. You will see a Pokemon Trainer in the middle of these two paths, and you will then take the right path.
- Keep heading upwards until you come to another split in the road. Take the path on the left, which will take you up the mountain. Be careful and avoid falling boulders.
- When you reach the top, head over to the left-hand side, where you will find a small boy who is a Trainer.
- The Shrine will be just below here, off to the left side. You can jump off the mountain here, and it will be right underneath.
- Use the eight Yellow Ominous Stakes to open up the Shrine.
Next on the list, we have the Groundblight Shrine, which holds the Legendary Pokemon Ting-Yu. This Pokemon is a Dual Dark/Ground-Type and somewhat resembles a moose. To open this Shrine, you will need to find all eight Green Ominous Stakes.
Follow the instructions below to find the exact location of Ting-Yu.
- Start by flying to the Casseroya Falls location. This is not a Pokemon Center, but it will just be a regular location that can be used to fast travel.
- You can then head across the wooden bridges. Keep following the path northwest until you come to the edge of a cliff.
- Jump off this edge, and you will keep going northwest into Socorrat Trail.
- The path will split off into two, and you will want to take the left side.
- Keep following this path until you reach a small waterfall on the right side. Swim or jump over the small stream here, and reach the area where there is a split in the middle of two cliffs.
- Jump down here, and the Shrine should be just in front of you. Use all eight Green Ominous Stakes to open it up.
The last Shrine in the Paldea region is the Firescourge Shrine. Inside is the Legendary Pokemon Chi-Yu. This Pokemon is a Dual Dark/Fire-Type and resembles a small fish. In order to reach this Shrine, you will need to have unlocked Miraidon or Koraidon’s ability to climb and swim.
Use these directions to reach the location quickly and easily.
- You will want to begin by flying to the North Province (Area Two) Pokemon Center.
- From here, you will want to start heading south on the map immediately.
- When you reach the two different waterfalls, start climbing the rock area in between the two.
- When you have gotten to the top, there will be another waterfall here. Start climbing up the rocks again until you reach the top of this waterfall.
- You will see a small cave on the right side. Head in through here, and the last Shrine will be at the very back.
NEXT: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: How To Beat Open Sky Titan Guide
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.