These Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties are perfectly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Ready in just 15 minutes, they’re a great addition to a delicious cooked breakfast.
Table of Contents
Hashbrowns are one of my favorite things to eat with a cooked breakfast!
Having potatoes for breakfast or a lazy brunch just makes sense to me. They’re warm and comforting, and they fill me up for the day ahead.
If I have the time, I’ll make my Breakfast Potatoes, but this air fryer hash browns recipe is the quick and easy way to go to get that delicious, crispy potato I love with Air Fryer Crispy Bacon.
This Air Fryer Hash Browns recipe is a quick and easy way to cook hashbrown patties from frozen!
Air Frying is the best way I have found to cook frozen hash browns to get them crisp on the outside and soft on the inside without having to fuss with the oven!
You just need some olive oil spray, your frozen hash browns, and a pinch of salt to taste!
If you love breakfast foods, you might also like this Hashbrown Casserole — it has a cornflake topping that adds extra crunch– or these delicious Hashbrown Breakfast Burritos that only take 30 minutes to make!
- Hash Brown Patties – Use frozen store-bought ones (or go all out and make some from scratch!)
- Salt – Kosher salt or sea salt will work well to season the hashbrowns.
How to Cook Frozen Hashbrown Patties In Air Fryer
These Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties are quick and easy to make. Full instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- Put hashbrowns in the basket. Place hash brown patties in a single layer in the basket of a preheated and greased air fryer. Season if desired.
- Air Fry. Cook until golden brown.
Generally speaking, yes, your air fryer needs to be preheated just like your oven. The good news is that it will only take about 5 minutes to preheat it fully, just set it to the temperature you will be cooking at and set the timer to 5 minutes.
Use full-fat cooking oil with a high smoke point or a non-aerosol oil spray in your air fryer. Low-fat oils aren’t good for your air fryer, but since you’re only using a small amount of oil it’s generally a healthier way of cooking foods anyway. Avocado oil, vegetable oil, and canola oil are all good options. Try and find a decent cooking spray version of your favorite oil to easily coat the basket evenly in oil.
Of course! Cook your freshly made hashbrowns in the air fryer, in the same way. Cooking time may vary depending on how cooked the potatoes were before air frying them.
Leftover hash browns can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Allow them to cool to room temperature before putting them in the fridge.
You can reheat them in the air fryer to crisp them back up.
Tips and Notes
- Cooking oil spray. You don’t need a lot of oil to cook in the air fryer. Getting a decent cooking oil spray is a great way to evenly spread a little oil over the air fryer basket without having to brush or wipe it on.
- Parchment paper. You can line your air fryer basket with parchment paper if you wish, for super easy cleanup. Use air fryer parchment paper that has holes in it that will let the hot air of the air fryer circulate.
- Give them space. For best results, make sure to put some space in between your hashbrown patties so that the air can circulate through them and they cook evenly.
Air Fryer Hashbrown Patties Variations
- Seasoning. Add seasonings to suit your personal preference. I would recommend at least adding a bit of salt, but you could so add garlic powder, onion powder, or spices like paprika or chili powder to bring a bit of extra flavor and a bit of a kick to your cooked breakfast!
- Homemade Hash Browns. Making your own homemade hash browns is super simple (you need fresh potatoes and a box grater!), and it means you can mix your seasonings straight into the potatoes.
- Hashbrown Pancakes. Use a deconstructed hashbrown mix (basically just frozen shredded potatoes) to make a hashbrown in a pancake shape in your air fryer. Simply pour the hashbrown mix into the bottom of the air fryer basket in an even layer and increase the cooking time to about 20 minutes.
These air fryer hashbrowns are such a delicious side for your cooked breakfast. For some breakfast inspiration ideas of what to serve with these crispy hash browns, try my Air Fryer Bacon, these Breakfast Stuffed Peppers, my Breakfast Foil Packets, or these Easy Omelettes!
More Air Fryer Recipes
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees F according to manufacturer’s directions.
Spray the air fryer basket with a non-aerosol non-stick spray. Place frozen hash brown patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer and sprinkle with seasoning salt if using.
Cook for 5-6 minutes per side for a total of 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and heated through.
Serve as desired.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Serving: 1patty | Calories: 110cal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0.002g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 0.2mg | Iron: 0.01mg
Keywords air fryer hash brown patties, frozen hash browns air fryer
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.