The 2025 BMW i5 Touring wagon has been unveiled and, while wagons continue to disappear from our market, it’s locked in for a local launch.
It’ll arrive in Australia during the third quarter of 2024 (July to September inclusive), available exclusively in flagship i5 M60 xDrive Touring guise.
Priced from $219,990 before on-road costs, the i5 Touring is $4000 more than the sedan upon which it’s based, while also becoming both the most expensive 5 Series and most expensive wagon BMW sells in Australia.
BMW hasn’t confirmed the combustion-powered 5 Series Touring for Australia. A single, non-electric 5 Series sedan – the 520i – is offered here, positioned below the i5 eDrive40 and M60 xDrive. This trio of sedans went on sale here late in 2023.
Local buyers miss out on more powerful petrol and plug-in hybrids offered overseas, as well as three turbo-diesel powertrains.
The 5 Series wagon hasn’t been offered to the public here since 2020, although certain Australian police forces were supplied with 530d wagons after this date.
- 2025 BMW i5 M60 xDrive Touring: $219,990
Price excludes on-road costs.
The BMW i5 M60 xDrive Touring features a dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrain producing up to 442kW of power and 820Nm of torque.
The brand claims this allows the wagon to achieve a 0-100km/h sprint time of 3.9 seconds.
Powered by an 84kWh battery pack, the BMW i5 M60 xDrive Touring has a claimed WLTP consumption figure of 18.3kWh to 20.8kWh per 100km, giving it a driving range of 445km to 560km.
The i5’s AC charging rate tops out at 22kW, while it can DC fast-charge at up to 205kW.
A complimentary five-year Chargefox electric vehicle (EV) charging subscription is included in the purchase price.
The new BMW 5 Series Touring measures 5060mm long, 1900mm wide, and 1515mm tall on a 2995mm wheelbase – representing increases by 97mm, 32mm, 17mm and 20mm respectively compared to its predecessor.
Boot space ranges from 570 litres with the rear seats up (80 litres more than the sedan) and 1700 litres when the rear seats are folded flat.
Servicing and Warranty
The BMW i5 is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, with its high-voltage battery receiving an eight-year, 160,000km warranty.
BMW Australia has not yet detailed servicing costs for the i5 Touring.
The 2025 BMW i5 is yet to be crash tested for a safety rating by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Standard safety features include:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
- Lane-keep assist
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 360-degree camera
- Acoustic sounds for pedestrians
The i5 M60 xDrive Touring comes with the following:
- 20-inch M alloy wheels (21-inch available as no-cost option)
- Adaptive M Suspension Professional (with anti-roll)
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Panoramic glass roof
- Power tailgate
- Comfort Access (keyless entry and start)
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 14.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with BMW Operating System 8.5
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Head-up display
- 17-speaker Bowers & Wilkins sound system
- Gesture control
- BMW Individual Merino leather upholstery
- BMW CraftedClarity glass trim for shifter, rocker switches, iDrive controller and start/stop button
- Interior camera
- Ambient lighting
- Carbon-fibre interior trim
- Four-zone climate control
- Heated and ventilated front sports seats
- Wireless phone charger
- Travel & Comfort System
- Integral Active Steering
- 22kW onboard AC charger
- Mode 2 and Mode 3 charge cables
- BMW IconicSounds Electric
- Five-year Chargefox subscription
The $2700 Comfort Package adds:
- Heated steering wheel
- Rear side window roller sunblinds
- Front ‘comfort’ seats
- Rear heated seats
The $3000 M Sport Plus package adds the following:
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- M red brake calipers
- M lights Shadow Line
- M seat belts
- High-gloss black radiator grille frame and tail light trim strips
- M carbon exterior mirror caps
A range of four no-cost option wheels and six interior trims can also be chosen.
The BMW i5 Touring is available in a choice of 13 colours.
10 of these exterior finishes are a no-cost option, including:
- Alpine White
- M Carbon Black
- Black Sapphire
- Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect
- Mineral White
- Phytonic Blue
- Oxide Grey
- M Brooklyn Grey
- Cape York Green
- Fire Red
An additional three colours are available at an additional cost:
- Tanzanite Blue: $2400
- Frozen Pure Grey: $5000
- Frozen Deep Grey: $5000
MORE: Everything BMW i5
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.