The Toyota Prado’s twin-turbo petrol V6-powered luxury twin is estimated to cost six figures when it reaches Australia later this year in three model grades.
The 2024 Lexus GX four-wheel-drive is due in Australian showrooms in the middle of this year – at the same time as its Toyota Prado twin – in three model grades.
Prices are yet to be announced, however Lexus dealer estimates indicate the GX – initially powered solely by a twin-turbo petrol V6 – may start from about $110,000 plus on-road costs.
If correct, the GX would be about $20,000 more expensive than the current, top-of-the-range Toyota Prado, however the new model due in mid-2024 – with 2.8-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel power – is expected to cost more than the outgoing Prado.
The previous two generations of the Lexus GX – both based on iterations of the Toyota Prado – have been sold primarily in North America, however the new model will go global, and be built in left- and right-hand drive for the first time.
Three models will be offered: the entry-level seven-seat Luxury, five-seat off-road-focused Overtrail, and flagship seven-seat Sports Luxury.
While a 2.4-litre turbo-petrol hybrid ‘GX550h’ will be available overseas, the only engine in Australian models for the time being will be a 3.5-litre twin-turbo petrol V6, developing 260kW and 650Nm.
It is matched with a 10-speed automatic transmission and full-time four-wheel drive. The maximum braked towing capacity is 3500kg in the Luxury and Overtrail, or 3130kg in the Sports Luxury.
Standard features in the Luxury include synthetic leather-look seat upholstery, a 14-inch touchscreen, 12.3-inch digital instrument display, 20-inch wheels, head-up display, power-adjustable heated and ventilated front seats, and a full suite of advanced safety technology.
The Sports Luxury adds features such as 22-inch wheels, massaging seats, Mark Levinson premium audio and a panoramic glass roof, while the Overtrail gains 18-inch wheels with all-terrain tyres, unique styling, a locking rear differential, e-KDSS suspension, and other off-road-themed extras.
A list of standard equipment – as announced by Lexus Australia – is below.
The Luxury and Sports Luxury will offer seven exterior colours, while the Overtrail is planned to offer two single-tone and four two-tone colours, the latter with a black roof.
The 2024 Lexus GX is due in Australian showrooms in mid-2024, pending any delays.
2024 Lexus GX550 Luxury standard features include:
- Seven seats
- Top-hinged tailgate with lift-up window
- 20-inch alloy wheels with full-size spare
- Low-range transfer case
- Locking centre differential
- LED headlights with auto levelling
- 14-inch infotainment touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 12.3-inch digital instrument display
- Colour head-up display
- 10-speaker sound system
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Synthetic leather-look seat upholstery in black or dark grey
- Eight-way power-adjustable front seats with memory and lumbar
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard second-row seats
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- One-touch third-row folding function
- Power tailgate
- Five USB-C ports
- 12-volt front and 220-volt rear power outlets
- Rear privacy glass
- Rear spoiler
- Flush roof rails
- Three drive modes
- 360-degree camera
- Nine airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane centring assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Tyre pressure monitoring
2024 Lexus GX550 Sports Luxury adds (over Luxury):
- 22-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive suspension
- “High-grade” LED headlights with adaptive high beam
- Auto-extending side steps
- Panoramic glass roof (fixed)
- 21-speaker Mark Levinson premium sound system
- Semi-aniline leather ‘accented’ upholstery
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Massaging front seats
- Unique ornamentation and interior accent finish
- Refrigerated interior cool box
- Heated steering wheel
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Multi-colour ambient interior lighting
- Two additional drive modes
2024 Lexus GX550 Overtrail adds (over Luxury):
- Five seats only
- Black 18-inch alloy wheels with all-terrain tyres
- Wider wheel-arch mouldings
- Unique front and rear bumpers
- Black exterior trim
- Bridge-type roof rails
- Adaptive suspension
- Locking rear differential
- Electronic Kinetic Dynamic Suspension (e-KDSS)
- Multi-Terrain Select off-road traction control
- Multi-Terrain Monitor camera system
- Downhill Assist Control (hill-descent control)
- Crawl Control
- Larger alternator for running ancillaries
- Olive green Ultrasuede accents and stitching on front seats
- Tweaked front seats with stiffer seat bases, softer side bolsters
- Unique door ornamentation, garnish and finish
- Extra smart key card
- Refrigerated cool box
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.