The Chery Tiggo 7 Pro family SUV from China is due in showrooms in October or November in a choice of three models, priced competitively with rivals.
- 2024 Chery Tiggo 7 Pro pricing and specifications
- Chinese family SUV larger than Omoda 5, similar in size to a VW Tiguan
- Three models with front- or all-wheel drive
- Priced from $39,990 drive-away
The 2024 Chery Tiggo 7 Pro is due in Australian showrooms in October or November, priced from $39,990 drive-away.
The Tiggo 7 Pro is the second model from Chinese car maker Chery since it returned to Australia earlier this year – after seven years out of the market – and is a touch larger than the Chery Omoda 5 introduced in March.
While it is billed as a mid-size SUV, at 4513mm long bumper to bumper it is only fractionally larger than a Toyota Corolla Cross, Nissan Qashqai or Haval Jolion, which are considered ‘small SUVs’ – and is slightly smaller than a Volkswagen Tiguan or Mazda CX-5.
The Tiggo 7 Pro has been on sale in China since 2020, however the model coming to Australia is an updated version with a restyled front fascia, higher-tech interior similar to the Omoda 5, and upgraded safety features.
Three model grades are available, priced from $39,990 drive-away for the front-wheel-drive Urban, $41,990 drive-away for the front-drive Elite, and $45,990 drive-away for the all-wheel-drive Urban.
The prices apply nationally, and the first 500 customers who pre-order between today and 20 October 2023 will receive three years or 30,000km of free scheduled servicing (more details on the Chery website).
Compared to Chinese rivals from MG and GWM Haval, the base Tiggo 7 Pro Urban is equipped similarly to middle-of-the-range, or flagship versions – but it is more expensive than top-of-the-range versions of its rivals (MG HS Essence at $37,990 drive-away, Haval H6 Ultra FWD at $39,490 drive-away).
Standard equipment in the Tiggo 7 Pro Urban includes 18-inch wheels, LED headlights and tail-lights, dual 12.3-inch interior screens, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, synthetic leather-look seat trim, a panoramic sunroof, and wireless phone charging.
A full suite of advanced safety technology is standard, including autonomous emergency braking, lane-keep assist, blind-spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control – plus eight airbags, including one between the front seats to prevent front occupants’ heads clashing in a severe side-impact collision.
The Elite adds a 360-degree camera, power tailgate and auto-folding mirrors, while the Ultimate gains all-wheel drive, 19-inch wheels, red brake calipers, ventilated front seat bases, and a memory driver’s seat – among other extras.
All models are powered by a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine developing 137kW and 275Nm, driving the front or all four wheels through a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
It is less powerful than Chinese models, which develop 147kW and 290Nm – yet still requires 95-octane premium unleaded petrol, Chery Australia says.
Fuel consumption in mixed (urban and highway) driving is claimed at 7.0 litres per 100km for front-wheel-drive models, or 7.8L/100km for all-wheel-drive versions, with 51 and 57-litre fuel tanks respectively.
The Tiggo 7 Pro measures 4513mm long, 1862mm wide and 1696mm tall, on a 2670mm wheelbase, with 626L of boot space with the rear seats upright.
Compared to a Mazda CX-5 it is 62mm shorter bumper to bumper, and 30mm shorter in wheelbase, but 17mm wider, 21mm taller, and nearly 200L larger in its claimed boot capacity (though it is unclear if the boot volume has been measured to the roof, or the top of the rear seats).
The 2024 Chery Tiggo 7 Pro is due in Australian showrooms in October or November 2023.
2024 Chery Tiggo 7 Pro Australian pricing
- Tiggo 7 Pro Urban FWD – $39,990
- Tiggo 7 Pro Elite FWD – $41,990
- Tiggo 7 Pro Ultimate AWD – $45,990
Note: All prices above are drive-away.
2024 Chery Tiggo 7 Pro Urban standard features:
- LED headlights and tail-lights
- 18-inch alloy wheels with full-size spare
- Eco, Sport and Normal drive modes
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch infotainment touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, satellite navigation, AM/FM radio, voice control
- Eight-speaker Sony sound system
- Synthetic leather-look seat upholstery
- Power-adjustable front seats with heating
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Panoramic sunroof
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Multi-colour ambient interior lighting
- Power-adjustable side mirrorss
- Eight airbags (including front-centre airbag)
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane following assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert with braking
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
- Traffic jam assist
- Door exit warning
- Automatic high beams
2024 Chery Tiggo 7 Pro Elite adds (over Urban):
- 360-degree camera
- Auto-folding side mirrors
- Power-operated tailgate
- Illuminated sill plates
- Interior air quality management system
- Negative ion air freshener
- Cargo blind
- Optional black roof
2024 Chery Tiggo 7 Pro Ultimate adds (over Elite):
- All-wheel drive
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Snow, Mud and Off-Road drive modes
- Red front brake calipers
- Memory for driver’s seat and side mirrors
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Ventilated front seat bases
Denial of responsibility! galaxyconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.